Wednesday 9 July 2008

Wednesday 9th July 2008

Not a bad day today - I woke up about 9am and watched a bit of telly - I had quavers for breakfast!!! At 10.30 I went upstairs to collect a mirror to paint from the play lady, June. I painted it in my room - its got paw prints all over it saying 'Sarah's mirror, paws off!' I made mum go out in the rain and buy me chicken nuggets again for lunch - she got wet!! I went to school this afternoon, and Chris Henry, the bone tumour nurse came to see my mum to tell her all about my operation. She brought in a false metal knee to show us, and she came in to school to show me what it looked like and what was going to happen!!! It will be really strong, and it will move like a real knee - I will still keep my knee cap too, so it will look like the other one except I will have a big scar. Its really clever because it will have a magnetic motor inside it that can make the knee grow if I get taller, without having another operation!!!
After school, we had a little party for a boy called Chris who finished his last chemo today - he had a new knee in February and he's finished his treatment now. I can't wait until it's my turn for a party for my last chemo - you get a present too!!! I'll have to wait until November!! We had coke and lemonade, crisps, chocolate cake and haribos!! Dad and Katie came to see me too, and Katie is soooooo brown - she's been on holiday in Cyprus - my favourite place!! We are going to Disneyland Paris at Christmas though, from my wish that I asked for from Starlight Childrens Charity!!!! So I'm not that jealous really!!!
My Methotrexate level was 0.38 today and it has to be less than 0.1 before I can go home, so we are here for another night!!!
Will write more tomorrow xx

3 comments:

Millie said...

Hi Sarah.
How are you today?
You must be so excited about going to Disneyland Paris.It really is a dream come true.
It sounds to me that after your operation you are going to be like the BIONIC WOMEN,we really are going to find it hard to keep up with you!!!!
Speak to you soon
Lots of love and hugs
Millie
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah,
I've seen the pic of your new knee and it looks very impressive! Let's hope you don't set off the metal detector when you're at the airport on your way to Disneyland, ha ha!!!
I've seen Katie's holiday photos on Facebook and you're right, she looks very brown!
Good luck for your op next week sweetie. Will be thinking of you loads, and am sending you lots of love and hugs. I'll come and visit you in the hospital afterwards. Love Jo xX

hullcitytigerfan said...

Hi Sarah

Ok, first of all you get to go to hsm and now your going to...
DISNEYLAND PARIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are so lucky!

I like the pics of the knee and good luck with the op!

Missing you!

Sarah
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
BYE!