Tuesday 29 July 2008

Saturday/Sunday/Monday 26th/27th/28th July 2008

Getting a bit behind because mum was enjoying the sunshine at home too much!!! I wasn't because I don't like being hot! Didn't do much Saturday but Nan and Grandad came up to see me. I was much more cheerful this time, and Grandad was a bit happier seeing me like that and not shouting at my mum!! We had sandwiches for lunch that Nan had made, and talked all afternoon. They went around 4pm. I watched more telly - nothing else to do when you can't walk about!! I'm getting quite good with the crutches thing but I have to up and down stairs on my bum because it wears me out otherwise!
Sunday, my sister Katie was running in the Race for Life at Kempton Park. My friend Georgia came round at 10 and we all set off. We met Katie's friend Rebecca who was running too. It was sooooooo hot we had to sit by the first aid tent because that was the only shade! Katie and Rebecca ran round in about 25 minutes, which was good as it was so hot. Georgia said Hi to me on th microphone at the Capital Radio stand and my mum told everyone about me too, and started to cry!! In the afternoon, mum took me, Georgia and Katie to see 'Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging' at the cinema. It was funny.
Sunday night I went to UCH again for the next lot of chemo. I got a room this time, so its nice and quiet! There's no school because its the holidays so there will me more arts and crafts to do, so I'll be happy!! The chemo was delayed until 9.30 at night because they had a fire last week in the building where the chemo is made up and they had to catch up on everyones medicines from last week!! Auntie Janice came in to see me as she was in London having lunch with some old friends. I am trying some different anti-sickness drugs this week to see if they can stop me being so sick-they use it on the teenage ward upstairs, and as I am quite big they said it might work for me - I hope so!! I hate being sick!!

2 comments:

It's me - Ruth! said...

Good luck with the chemo!

Well done to Katie on the run.

Love from Ruth & Becca x

Unknown said...

hi sarah

good luck with chemo and i am so glad that you have been out of the hospital for a while and i really hope to see you soon in the holidays!
lots of luv jannekeXXXX

P.S so happy that your getting better!!!!!!!!!!!!