Tuesday 29 July 2008

Tuesday 29th July 2008

I had a great day today - I think the medicine has worked!!! I managed to eat loads, and not be sick - yet!!! The physio came and I had to bend my leg for the first time today - I was a bit scared at first because I thought it would hurt alot - it did hurt a bit but not as much as I thought it would!! I had the dressing removed and the blue bandage that the doctors put on after the operation was stuck to the glue they used to stick my skin together!!! The nurse had to soak it to get it all off!!! After lunch, dad came, and I went to the playroom for a bit. After that, the physio came again and I sat on the edge of the bed to see if I could bend my leg a bit further. I got it to about 40 degrees!! It hurt a bit, but not too bad.
After she left, Dennis the Menace came to the ward!! I got a t-shirt, a baseball cap, and a Beano comic. I also got some tricks that came with the comic! The Beano is 70 years old, and Dennis is raising money for CLIC Sargeant Childrens Cancer Charity.

4 comments:

Lucy said...

Hello Smelly!

Glad to hear all seems to be going well this time around. Try and keep the sickness at bay....keep taking the drugs!
I've just got back from Nan and Grandad's..had a lovely couple of days with very good dinners! They said you looked much better at the weekend.
I'm off on holiday next week but will come and see you when I get back and before I go back to school. I'll have to give your mum a call and find out where you'll be.
Hope you keep eating and keep smiling....the end is in sight now sugar plum and you're making us all very proud of how you're coping. And remember, although its good to be brave, its ok to be scared, cross and tearful. Just remember we all love you and by Christmas it'll all be finished....and you get to go to Disney! How exciting is that?!
Love you lots Jelly Tots,
Lucy x x x

Millie said...

Hi Sarah

Its great to see the photo's on your blog.
You look fantastic and Dennis doesn't look that bad either!!!
We are glad to hear the anti sickness drugs are working.
Always thinking of you.

Lots of love

Millie,Blythe and Jo-anne
xxx

Hope your mum's back is better and that she has got a better bed in this hospital and not a plastic chair.!!

hullcitytigerfan said...

Hi Sarah

Dennis came to see you COOL! I saw him at chessington once...

Hope your feeling better soon!

Missing you and I will see you at teddington next term!(hopfully!)

Sarah

Uncle Richard said...

Hi Sarah

We are all so pleased to see the fabulous progress that you are making and more importantly the spirit you have shown and are continuing to show.
We get regular updates from Uncle Bob, Jo and Lucy - by the way if you want to wind up Jo, call her Joanna!!!
You must be really excited about the Disney trip - its on our list to take the boys. Hope you get to meet Mickey Mouse.
Keep taking care of yourself and eat whatever you want!

Love
Uncle Richard, Anne, Thomas and Jack xxxx