Friday 25 July 2008

Thursday/Friday 24th/25th July 2008

I got to go home yesterday!! Yippee! My x-ray was fine - I was a bit scared when the lady took off my brace to do the x-ray, but it was OK. I then saw the physio and she showed me how to go up and down stairs - it was really scary at first and I had to sit down at the top of the 4 steps because I was so scared, but when I did it again it was much easier.
When we came home, we had fish and chips, then we went to watch my sister play hockey in Staines. I got a ride out in my wheelchair - it was nice to be in the fresh air for a change!!
I spent all morning Thursday in bed watching telly!! My bed is so comfortable. I only woke mum up twice for the loo, so I got a good nights sleep! In the afternoon Millie came to see me.
Friday I had to get up at 9.15 because the nurse was coming to take my blood and change my dressing. After she left I phoned Georgia to see if she could come and see me - she said yes, but then was ill so didn't come.
This evening I was a bit down on the dumps - I am feeling so well apart from my sore knee, and I don't want to go back into hospital on Sunday. I know I have to, and its not fair. My best friend Rose has moved hospitals so I won't be seeing her any more. I will miss her. Nan and Grandad are coming to see me tomorrow, so that will be nice!! Might cheer me up a bit.

3 comments:

Rose said...

Hello our lovely Sarah - Rose and Charlotte posting to say hey get you! crutches and going out and about to hockey matches you are doing BRILLIANTLY!!!! We are missing you lots - Rose has been on a ward with two little boys who simply are not pink enough and do not understand the whole Hannah Montana thing!! So sad that we won't be with you and your mum any more but we are going to keep very very close tabs on you and everything you are doing and UCH have promised us we can come to the Christmas party too. Keep doing your exercises - making Rose do hers really hard! It's the big countdown now and by Christmas will all be over honey - keep in touch all our love and hugs xxxxxx

Auntie Janice said...

Hey Sarah. Glad to see that you have been getting out and about a bit. No running yet though!! Must be hard to have to go back into hospital again after all that's gone on over the last couple of weeks but it is the long downhill bit now so keep smiley and that time will whizz by. Uncle Mike and I will be coming up to see you again very soon so, if there is anything you want us to bring, just let us know. Love & hugs, Auntie Jan xxxx

hullcitytigerfan said...

Hi Sarah

Hope you are ok! Sorry I've not been posting i'm a little hetic.
I'm glad the op went well!

Well see you at teddington!

Missing you

Sarah