Tuesday 15 July 2008

Monday 14th July 2008

I stayed in bed all morning today, after I was sick this morning! I was going to go to school but changed my mind. After I was sick I felt better, and managed to eat cheerios for breakfast and had mash and beans for lunch - my favourite meal at the moment. I had a bath and got dressed and we left for the hospital at 2pm. I got a nice bed in the corner and we can open the windows so we get some fresh air. The nurse came and asked questions, and the man who will put me to sleep told me what he was going to do. A surgeon came and asked me some questions too, and drew 2 arrows on my leg! Mum thought he was going to play noughts and crosses! He did it so they cut the right leg open! Then Mr Pollock, my surgeon came to see me and examine me ready for the operation. He explained what he was going to do. I don't really want to know! I had loads to eat as I can't eat after midnight, and I can't drink anything after 6am!
I am first on the list in the morning and I am going to Intensive Care afterwards for 24 hours so I won't be able to write anything for a couple of days, and then I will be the bionic woman and can write all about it!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Hello Sarah,

Am so pleased that your op. went well and amazed at your new found bionic ability....great for catching busses!!!

Take care and hope you soon feel like your old self.

Lots of love
Jackie (Daniel Hebron Mum)

P.S. Say hi to your mum and dad and i look forward to seeing you at Teddington. By the way the teachers cheated at sports day....they stuck their eggs on with blue tack in the teachers race...and Mr Beal sprinted with his egg upside down on the spoon!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah, you would laugh at how long it has taken me to do this. You young ones are much better than us. So please everything went well, I can imagine you're being incredibly brave, you will be unstoppable on the hockey pitch. I'm so pleased to hear that your Mum cried through Mamma Mia I did through SITC it's what Mum's do!!! I like reading your blogs, take care, Saffi sends big Hugs and love from both of us xxxxxx

Pussycat said...

Hi Sarah its Sophie
I hope your op went well and that you are feeling ok.
I will come and visit soon
Lots of love
Sophie
P.S.We missed you at sports day - all the parents went to go and do the parents race and i had to physically stop my dad from running or he would have embarrassed me loads.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX