Tuesday 24 June 2008

Week 9 - Operation looming!

Monday 23rd June 2008
Back in UCHL for another week of chemo, but this time we are staying on the Teenage Cancer Unit on the 12th Floor. Mum and I have our own room, with a plasma telly that doesn't go off at 9pm like downstairs!! At least I can still watch Big Brother now. We have our own bathroom and toilet too, with a shower with goldfish on the walls!
Chemo started at 12 and by 2pm I was throwing up all over the bathroom floor because the sick bowl wasn't big enough!! Nice!!!
Slept from 4-8pm, and then felt better.
Tuesday 24th June 2008
Feeling a bit better this morning although I don't want to eat anything. Went to the playroom and decorated a mug for mum to have her tea in.
Tried Wotsits during school this afternoon but didn't really enjoy them! Learnt about time at school, and also had a music lesson. Dad came and visited and said I was mad - must be all the medicine I have to take - I'm a bit hyper this evening! Someone has stolen all my microwave dinners out of the fridge so I've sent mum out to buy chunky chicken and rice.
Just eaten it and it was lovely-better than hospital food.
Fed up having to take phosphate every 5 minutes - it tastes disgusting! We've tried to mix it with water, squash, milkshake,but it still tastes horrible. We've now put it in coke, and I'm trying to drink it, but its nasty! The nurses say I have to have it 3 times a day because my phosphate levels are too low, and they need to be higher.
The doctors have told me my operation will be on the 9th July, which is only 2 weeks tomorrow - SCARY!! At least my pesky lump will be gone though.My friend Rose downstairs has been told that she might have to have her leg amputated when she has her operation on Monday - she is scared - I would be too!
I am going to play tennis with the physiotherapist in the morning in the gym at the hospital - I'm well excited! I'll write tomorrow and let you know how I did!

No comments: