Thursday 16 April 2009

Thursday 16th April 2009

Laughter and lots of it is what we've had over the last few days! I haven't seen sarah this happy and content for over a year. We have seen friends and family, been on trips to the cinema, and there has been walking - albeit with me following behind singing the Pingu theme tune(Sarah waddles like a penguin because she walks with her leg locked!!)but she's walking and its wonderful!!. She is willing to leave the house without crutches, (we went to the cinema without them last week) and she only took 1 for a trip to Richmond shopping with her sister 'just in case'!! I'm nearly on the verge of losing them altogether! The physio is coming next week to watch sarah riding her bike (!!""??) and climbing stairs - how she is going to ride her bike I have no idea - I keep panicking she will lean over to the right, stand on her bad leg and fall right off and break it - but we've got to start somewhere I suppose!! Sarah's hair is so long now and madly curly its hilarious!! When its wet, her fringe nearly reaches her eyebrows, but its got so many kinks in it, it looks really short! She spends ages every bath time in front of the mirror, trying to get a Danny Zuko quiff at the front - she finds it so funny! Laughter - so much laughter - and how happy we all are at last!

3 comments:

PaulyWell said...

Hi mum,
I am the mother of Paul who was diagnosed of a proximal tibia osteosarcoma on 17Dec08. We're going through the same ordeal.
I am happy to see that Sarah is getting rid of her crutches.
I find post-surgery physio frustrating and progress slow (Paul had his autogrowing prosthesis put on 17Mar09).
I would like to call you if this is convenient to you. My mobile is 07766070072.
I hope all the best to Sarah and all of you.
My kindest regards to all of you.

Rose said...

I need to see the hair!! Get some updated pix of Sarah on the blog!! Rose's hair growing like a snail so refusing to part with Goldilocks braids although if I get asked again how long it takes to braid it I will shoot myself...! Get cycling am so impressed Rose can't bend more than about 30 degrees so think cycling days are behind her but just off to park on her scooter - wish me luck! Loads of love xxxx

Rose said...

If you don't put a pic of Sarah on the blog I'm coming over...