Sunday 19 October 2008

Sunday 19th October 2008

Well, the news got better after my BIG whinge about going in for the weekend!! After a sleepy 3 days in hospital for Sarah with nothing to do - no Jessie in the playroom, Rachel in school for just 1 day, and Sarah sleeping for England, Sarah cleared her Methotrexate in 48 hours for the first time ever!!! We were all prepared for a pizza and X-factor when the nurse said she had cleared and we could go home! I had never felt so pleased in my life - I found it tough this week - the previous weeks traumas caught up with me, and the boredom made it ten times worse. I miss Dave every week, but I missed him more this week than ever, and I really wanted to go home. This has been the longest 6 months of our lives, and we are so glad its coming to an end at last. All we can hope is that this will be behind us after November, and there will be no nasty surprises in store. Xmas will be the best ever, and we will never take time at home together for granted again! We go back in Tuesday for another dose of chemo, but it all looks promising for the hockey weekend.

4 comments:

Mike and Jan said...

Bless you all!! So glad you had a better session this time and got home for the weekend. The countdown must seem like it's going on for ever but will be here very soon and you can get back to something near normal!! Sending lots of love & hugs. Janxxxx

It's me - Ruth! said...

Excellent stuff guys - hang in there. It all sounds like great progress.

Did you make Millfield in the end or not?

Ruth & Becca x

Rose said...

Hey well done!! It makes all the difference that 24 hours doesnt it! Well done you hope you having fabulous few days at home much love Rose the hopping six year old who REFUSES to put weight down!! xx

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, that really made me cry!
We cannot wait for the day this is all over, and I just wish you all the most amazing christmas - it is soooo well deserved.
Loving you all more than ever, Jo xX