Thursday 21 August 2008

Wednesday/Thursday 20th/21st August 2008

Another boring day in hospital Wednesday - I hate it, and all that happens is blood tests at 12 o'clock, loads of tablets, and fluid that makes me go to the loo every hour!! My cousin Lucy did come and visit after morning playtime though, and she came down to the gym with me and mum, so I could do some physio. I had to lie on the bed and lift me knee up off the bed by myself using my hamstrings. I was feeling tired and sick so I didn't want to do it, but Claire the physio made me do 70 bends!!! I got better the more I did.
Wednesday night, the nurses took my temperature and under 1 arm it was 38.4, the other arm was 37.1, and under my tongue was 37.2. They waited an hour and did it again, and with one thermometer it was 38.8, and another was 37.2!!! they couldn't understand it! They couldn't decide if I had an infection or not because 38 degrees is the limit before you get antibiotics.They decided to leave it and keep an eye on me, but luckily I didn't need any more medicine.
Thursday was OK, I didn't feel too bad, and I went to play and made a picture frame, and decorated a cocktail glass with glass paint. I did some exercises at lunch time and can now bend my leg up on my own - not very far, but it comes off the bed!! After lunch the some Arsenal footballers came to the hospital, so we went to see them - we saw Arsene Wenger, Fabregas, and Almunia the goalie. I got their autographs too, and I got a signed photo for my uncle Mike who loves Arsenal!! Mum also got Roger Daltry's autograph for me - I don't know who he is but she did - she says he was a famous popstar - lead singer of the Who- never heard of them!!!She was excited though!
Also, we got to come home - my levels were low enough, and the surgeon who did my leg also said I can put weight on my leg now, not wear the brace in bed, and on Tuesday next week, I can get rid of the brace altogether!! Yippee!!

4 comments:

It's me - Ruth! said...

Wow!!! Roger Daltry!!! Much more exciting than Arsenal Players ;-)

Come on you Spurs!

Glad it's going well, but the bending maching looks weird!

Love from Ruth & Becca x

hullcitytigerfan said...

COME ON TIGERS! Were above man u cause they got 1 piont and we got 3! But that was on the first day! HULL CITY! See ya at teddington!

Luv Sarah

P.S Fabragas is the only Arsenal player i know!

Rose said...

Felix is absolutely furious about the visit from Arsenal players!! Thinks its all our fault for moving hospitals and he is not happy! Nothing to compete with here on the celebrity front but will keep you posted - keep up the physio you're doing brilliantly all love Charlotte and Rose your correspondents from the Marsden stuck here AGAIN xxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Wow Sarah, that all sounds great! And getting to meet some footballers.....you lucky girl!
I agree with your friend...come on you Spurs!!! Definitely the better team, ha ha!
Well done you for bending your leg so far - hopefully by now you've managed a little bit further.
Were you able to get rid of the brace this week? I hope so. You're doing sooooo well sweetie - keep going and you'll be walking unaided in no time at all!
Update us again soon with how you are.
Lots of love and hugs, Jo xX